Great head unit (KD-C0234
) for the price. Can’t find anything like this from the name brand companies like Pioneer, Sony, Kenwood, etc. Pumpkin is way ahead of their competition.
By Dan J
There are lots of great features, these are a few of the better ones.
- Android 4.4 operating system. (just the fact that it’s an Android head unit is awesome)
- Built-in Bluetooth and WiFi. Being a quad-core tablet I get all of the advantages of my Android smart phone that I previously using in my car (for music, surf on the internet etc) via Bluetooth, built right into the dash of my car. I can add a back and/or front facing camera, a wireless hot-spot, rear screens for the DVD to entertain the younger family members, tethering to my phone by hot-spot for Bluetooth, the potential is only limited by the accessories available in the marketplace.
- GPS works great. I have used the stock app iGo, Google maps and Waze (my prefered GPS app). All work quite well.
- Has everything and more than the most expensive name brand car radios. All of the features of the unit work as advertised, but the expansion possibilities are fantastic. Android is definitely the future of car head units!
- Since I can have my ECU logging software (torque and BtSsm) running on there without needing anything extra hooked up, it’s very awesome. Makes for a very clean setup.
Don’t get discouraged by this list of Cons, this head unit has a lot going for it.
- Music player app doesn’t display ID3 tags, only display file name.
- Unable to fast-forward or change the position of the song being played.
- The front bezel is slightly larger (in that it’s not recessed like American double din units), so I had to modify my dash kit just slightly.
This is a really cool head unit, it’s quick, very responsive and has many many great features; but it needs some software flaws fixed and few hardware issues fixed. If you can deal with the flaws it has, you will have a lot of fun with this. As time goes, I hope that some of these software issues get resolved because I really like this head unit.
For more stunning Android car head units, please visit: